Chorizo One Pot Roast
The joy of this recipe is that you could throw in whatever veg you have – courgette, carrots, parsnips, cabbage…pretty much anything would work! A good balance between, meat, fresh fruit and veg, and carbs… plus it ends up a lovely bright pink colour!
- Chop your aubergines into rough 2x2 inch squares
- Wash the potatoes (leave the skins) and chop into rough 2x2 inch squares (or just cheat and use half a bag of frozen mini roasts!)
- Chop the chorizo chopped into 1cm rings
- Chop the beetroot leaves roughly and run quickly under cold water
- Scrub the beetroots vigorously under hot water for 30 seconds, and then chop them into 2 inch segments
- Dry the ingredients with paper towel - it'll help with the cooking
- Grab an average sized rectangular roasting dish and chuck in the chopped ingredients and the whole cherry tomatoes. No oil, salt or other seasoning needed (unless you want to add some)… the chorizo does it all for you!
- Roast for 45-50 mins at 200 degrees in fan oven. At the half-way point, toss everything together so the chorizo fat and juices help it to cook. Serve.